The real issues are:
- Have the Conservatives executed that budget effectively in a timely manner?
- Has the stimulus money been focused on stimulus or patronage?
I have no idea why the Conservatives would wait until now to motion for the reno credit. What were they waiting for (other than obvious poloitical reasons)?
I'd like to read the Conservatives' progress report, or some other information indicating where the stimulus money went. Surely, someone knows.
- In general terms, perhaps the budget was a reasonable compromise.
- The budget devil is in the details of its execution.
- That execution was lacking in quality and timeliness.
- Poor execution is justification for no confidence.